Junior Building Scientist.
- Professional degree or diploma in Building Science or a related discipline
- 2+ years work experience in Building Science or a related discipline an asset, ideally within the residential
and/or commercial sectors
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Excel, and Word is a must
- Proficiency in Revit is considered an asset
- Proficiency in energy modelling software, preferably IES VE, Energy Plus, and/or Hot2000
- Proficiency in WUFI is considered an asset
- Strong technical knowledge of building science principles and construction details
- Ability to effectively detail cold-climate building envelopes
- Knowledge of green rating systems, including but not limited to LEED, WELL, Passive House, and LivingBuilding Challenge
- Knowledge of (or a keen interest in) sustainable building practices
- Knowledge of Adobe CS will be beneficial though not required
What you'll be responsible for:
- Provide technical support to design and production teams as required to convey technical information related to building energy use and sustainable strategies
- Collaborate with design team to prepare complete building envelope detailing packages for residential and commercial projects
- Use energy modelling software to perform building envelope optimization and whole-building energy use optimization analysis on residential and commercial projects
- Prepare energy modelling reports
- Coordinate project teams and prepare documents for LEED, WELL, and Passive House certification
- Participate in integrated design charrettes to optimize passive design strategies during early design stages
- Ability to work with project teams and independently
- Opportunities for professional development, further education, and mentorship
A bit about us.
Sustainable.TO is a full-service, collaborative architectural practice rooted in Toronto. Our focus is to provide solutions using core principles of sustainability and building science, delivering healthy and high-performance projects at many scales.
We offer employees competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, and facilitate developmental training throughout the year to encourage professional and personal growth. Our Leslieville office is located on the second floor of a historic bank building so, regretfully, it is not a fully accessible space. We recognize the need to build a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates.
If you think you might be a good fit, we'd love to hear from you.
Please include a PDF copy of your current CV/resume and Portfolio. Send all applications to email@example.com. Please note that due to the volume of applications we cannot guarantee contact with all applicants. Thanks for your time!