Sustainable has become one of only 230 Certified B Corporations in Canada (and the first architecture firm in Canada). We have become part of an incredible group of forward-thinking business leaders who are putting social and environmental impact right alongside company profits, including the likes of the Business Development Bank of Canada, Patagonia, Danone Canada, Optel Group, Beau’s Brewery, Fiasco Gelato, Bullfrog Power, and more.
As a Certified B Corporation, we join a global community of business leaders that balance purpose and profit. We are legally required to consider the impact of our decisions on the wellbeing of our employees, clients, suppliers, community and environment. The foundation of our business is equally balanced on the triple bottom line, People, Planet, and Prosperity.
By achieving certification, we are being recognized for our credibility and trust by meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. Certified B Corporations do not stop growing at certification. We are expected to grow an inclusive and sustainable economy and will continue to do so.
Find out more about what it takes to be a Certified B Corporation: https://bcorporation.net/about-b-corps
10 Sustainable Firsts in 10 Years:
• 2019 - First architecture firm in Canada to achieve B Corporation certification.
• 2018 - First design firm in Toronto to win third consecutive Best Design Firm in NOW Readers’ Choice
• 2017 - First design firm in Toronto to win second consecutive Best Design Firm in NOW Readers’ Choice
• 2016 - First architecture firm in Toronto to win Best Design Firm in NOW Readers’ Choice Awards.
• 2015 - First architecture firm in Toronto to achieve LEED Platinum for Homes - Renovation.
• 2014 - First architecture firm to receive Pollinator Advocate for Canada award from the North American
Pollinator Protection Campaign (NAPPC).
• 2013 - First place in the American Institute of Architects (AIA) - sponsored international design competition
for a Resilient House for Far Rockaway, New York.
• 2012 - First architecture firm in Canada to be recognized by the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
(CMHC) for our dedication to creating Healthy Housing.
• 2011 - First place in the Design by Many - sponsored international design competition for a Passive House
for New Orleans.
• 2010 - First among fundraisers with Swallow Hollow at For the Birds auction in support of Toronto Botanical